Have you ever:
- wondered how to go deeper in Scripture?
- wished that you were in the Word of God more?
- wanted God’s Word to be alive and active in your own life?
Have you ever:
- desired a small group of women who were laser-focused on moving toward God together?
- craved friendships that go deeper than the surface?
- longed for friends to carry the responsibility of discipleship with you equally?
For the last 18 months, these have been the questions scrolling through my mind.
Last summer, I sensed the Holy Spirit leading me to pray and prepare for a small group of women that would seek these answers together. I talked to Melissa Dunn and I asked her to help me lead this group.
In the fall of 2017, 4 small groups of women committed to 9 months together. These groups were:
Self led – there was no leader. Instead, every woman committed to lead herself and be herself in the group.
Based on Scripture – the Bible was our only resource.
Focused on 2 things:
- Biblical Discovery
- Biblical Community
Since participating in these groups, women have said…
“I had never read the Bible on my own, but this thing (Scripture) is changing my life!”
“It was the first time I heard someone (who wasn’t a pastor) say they wanted to dig into Scripture to hear from God for themselves.”
“I have grown more in the last year than I have the last 3 years.”
If you are reading this, it is because you have been invited to pray about participating with a small group of women is this experiment.
Who is this group for?
This group is for any woman who is looking to know God more by reading His Word in a community of like-minded women. You do not have to have any Bible background or knowledge, only a desire to see God more clearly in the pages of the Bible.
How does the group work?
1. You ask 3-5 friends to participate.
2. Groups meet for 8 weeks, from Sept. 16 – Nov. 4
3. Each groups determine where, when, and for how long they meet each week.
4. Groups are made up of peers. In other words, we are not asking you to lead a group, just gather friends to form a group. (Ideal size is between 4-6 women.)
5. These groups do 2 things: Biblical Discovery and Biblical Community. Topics for the 8 weeks include The Power of God’s Word and The Power of God.
6. You will receive weekly communication from Melissa and I to keep you moving in the right direction.
If you are feeling a gentle nudge as you read this, our prayer is that you will take the plunge and hop into the next 8 weeks with us.
So...what's the next step?
Registration closes September 14th.
I’m praying that we allow God to lead us into a new season, to equip us in new ways, and for our hearts to fall deeper in love with Him.